Monday, April 27, 2009

2 page fishing magazine

This layout was a whole lot different than the Marceline pamphlet. I had more text and more space to deal with as well as a more solid concept as well, as pictures that Rusty gave us to work with. But with this spread, we only had two pages to deal with and we had to find our own pictures.
A pulled a picture from google. But the photo I chose for it to be 300 ppi would have been like and inch big. So when I maximized it to be like 8 x 8 It was super pixalated. So I ended up making a graphic out of it in photoshop. But that worked out nicely because I needed to make a graphic for my little fish on the other page of the spread. So I think it matched up well.
 I will say Rusty, that I'm actually lagitimately enjoying some of this stuff. I love explaining these things to other people. It's really fascinating actually. 
I dont' know if I have my next fifteen years quite figured out, but I do know, that I've come this far with Graphic Design, and I don't think I could bear missing out on all the things we will be learning in the next 3 years.

Friday, April 24, 2009

Finally Marceline Disney Pamphlet:

I am SO happy about this pamphlet! 

So thankful!

It's Spring!!!!

umm... I can't really complain. I suppose learning is the point, so all the problems I came across taught me things I didn't previously know.

A couple of problems I came across was figuring out how to do 300 ppi and having the correct physical size. So essentially with my big photos, I made them into graphics, which was fun to discover. 

The second problem I had was the printing process. I had to get some upperclassmen "pro" help because Rusty never explained the process :). But anyway I think I figured it!

Friday, April 17, 2009

Well, as you will notice, this is the same pamphlet design and layout from my past post. But Here I have finished up my copyfitting and I went in with some of my graphics with markers to tighten them up. Every other person in the class came up with there own graphics and other pictures from the internet. That didn't even cross my mind really, since Rusty included so many options to choose from on titanium. But people had some really good ideas, so I might include a graphic or two. But I also thought that since my pictures are so large on my layout, that I might not need to include anything more.

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

I worked more hours on this puppy than most!......and yet....I still hadn't finished my copyfitting. Copyfitting is an interesting concept and when you've done one paragraph correctly you feel like you've really accomplished something. I came up with a problem though, I could hardly duplicate the process more than once. You would think it would get easier. I suppose maybe it will eventually :) For my presentation, I will finish up the copyfitting, and tighten up my graphics.

Friday, April 10, 2009

Well, I like this layout quite a bit. The biggest problem will be finding and image that is big enough for a 16x 20 layout. An other big problem is making sure all the text fits. But I like the look, and the order of things here as well as the colore. If those two big issues become an unsolvable problem, I have a couple of other thumbnails that I am decently pleased with to fall back on, that don't have very large images and have more space open for text.

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

This is was the thumbnail design chosen to be done in a full-blown -out marker comp! Basically the top right quadrant, would be my front page and the headline will say, Disney comes to town. here the photo I chose to incorporate was the photo of downtown Marcalene with the Disney logo. Page #2, or the one on the bottom left quadrant will have an image on the right and an image on the left with text around it, while page #3 I was thinking of having a transparent photo and putting text on top of it, but that might look a little wonky right next to page #2. On the last page I would have the photo image of Disney world along with the statue of Disney himself and Micky pointing up towards the last page of text/map of marcalene. But I might be switching page #3 and #4 's concepts. I probably will have to play around with it a little more before I marker everything up.

Friday, April 3, 2009

I had a lot of fun with this project,
I integrated a couple of my thumbnails into one, to create a more visually interesting composition.
I think the weakest part of my comp. is definitely the type, everything is crooked, something that can easily be resolved on the computer :).

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Chili Poster

Well, originally I wasn't very pleased by the choice of which chili poster I was going to have to re-do, being such a simple design. But in the end when i had to re-make graphics and text etc. I was thankful for the simple design my partner had chosen. The good thing about her decision on which thumbnail she chose, was that she suggested I use a few of the graphics from one of my other thumbnails. So i incorporated in a graphic from one of my other thumbnails, to give the simple design a little more interest and appeal. So when I enlarged the thumbnail to be a 11x17 I got a few suggestions here and there on how to fix and rearrange some space. I made my graphics in Illustrator, then copy and pasted them over to InDesign and included all the text I had in mind. In class critique not much was said in favor of my design, but then, not much was said as a negative either. i think my design in the end was over-all maybe technically correct, but did not give off much of a "Chili feeling" :). My creativity with design on the computer is limited, mostly because I feel paralyzed a lot of times by the technical difficulty....BUT I will conquor and move past that aspect.